Sunday, October 12, 2008

Philadelphia Zoo Balloon

We are lucky to have such an amazing zoo close to us, as well as amazing friends! While driving down the I-76 you most likely will see a big hot air balloon in the sky...this is the zoo balloon. Since we moved here Jaron has REALLY wanted to go in this balloon. We have probably been on 4 or 5 separate occasions hoping to get the chance for a ride, but have always been disappointed. It seems that on whatever day we would go to the zoo, the balloon would inevitably be closed for whatever reason and I always would take home a disappointed husband. So when our friends, Mike & Sarah, invited us to the zoo last Saturday I took them up on their offer (they have a yearly pass). The weather was beautiful, the kids were great, and lot's of fun was had...but the best part...the balloon was open and ready for us. Unfortunately the line was VERY long and we were all tired, but after an hour wait it was Jaron's turn! Sarah and I stayed on the ground with baby Dani, and all the boys (Jaron, Mike, Aspen & Haven) took a ride on the wonderful balloon. End result...a very happy husband! Thank you Mike & Sarah for taking us with you and for waiting in the long line. Below are some pictures Jaron took from the balloon, isn't our city beautiful?!


1 comment:

Chelli said...

yay!! That is awesome. Love the beautiful pics too.